IN THE VALLEY

IN THE VALLEY
NEVER ALONE FaithfulToOne © 2007

Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Dream- Which Way Are You Facing Today?

One night I was reading the Bible before I went to bed and read Psalm 138:7, "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me. " That night when I went to bed I had a dream.

I dreamt that I was walking on a path. As I walked I noticed that only one set of footsteps were on the path that was behind me now. Long dark shadows were clinging tightly to my heels, casting fearful shapes that distorted everything they covered. The things in my life that lined the path I was walking became very distracting and kept me from feeling the peace I thought should be around me. I was like a child waking up to a dark bedroom in the middle of the night. Disoriented, I was fearful and scared because I saw everything through a dark veil. Anxious to be free of this nightmare, I closed my eyes hoping it was all a bad dream, only to open them again to the silent sights and sounds of loneliness. I felt hopeless and overcome by my restless feelings of abandonment. Then, just like a small child I cried out in prayer to my Heavenly Father. I had one plea and that was for Him to rescue me with His Heavenly light.

When I finish praying I heard God call to me like a loving and reassuring parent saying, "I am right here with you my child." "Where are you God? I can not see you!", I responded with great urgency in my voice. "Turn around child", He said. When I turned around His glorious light bathed me with His love. My heart rejoiced as I again felt His comfort and strength. In joy I praised His Holy name. Then dropping to my knees, now humbled and fully aware of the power that surrounded me, I prayed for God's forgiveness. I realized that God had always been with me. The darkness and shadows that had scared me were cast because of His light that He had always been shining on me all along. It was dark because I had turned my back on His direction and wandered off the path He had for me into the shadows. There was only one set of footprints on the path of trials that I was on, but I was never alone. He was there shining His light on the path that was His will for me, waiting for me to turn around and correct my way. Then I remembered that
James 4:8 says, "Draw nearer to God and He will draw nearer to you."

God's light is always there ahead of us to light our way with His love, wisdom, mercy, forgiveness, courage, and strength. If we have faith and focus on His light trusting in Him, we have nothing to fear. The shadows that are behind us can not hurt us or blind us with darkness to the direction we should be heading to honor and glorify God.

I prayed, " Father please forgive me for ever doubting you. It was not you, it was me that had made the errors in our relationship. When I lost my focus on you I got distracted, turned around, and lost. All I could see was my past and what you had already put behind me. I could only see my life scared through the veil of darkness. Thank you for hearing my fearful prayers. You are the God as written in Psalm 68:19 who daily bears my burdens, and I praise you. You called out to me when I was scared and lost with such loving comfort, turning me back to you. Father, I pray that you now keep me focused forward so that your light shines brightly on me always. Guide my steps, so that the darkness can no longer scare me for my life is now yours. I now focus on you with great joy, for the blessings and the trials I face. I know that you are always there for me when I am in need. I wish to seek Your will and blessings for my life so that my life reflects Your light in a way that honors and glorifies You always. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

I woke up from the dream with such a peace and joy in my heart, as if a great weight had been lifted off of me. I also quickly grabbed pencil and paper so that I could share this with others. My question to you is, "Which way are you facing today?"

No comments:


Now There are two ways to walk in the valley

fitvbutton20.JPG mfitvbotton20.JPG

Reflections Of My Fears

Reflections Of My Fears
If we constantly look back on the past feeling the pain and thinking about the things we fear, we can never focus to live today, or look forward to tomorrow. FaithToOne © 2006

Do You Hear The Call?

Do You Hear The Call?
Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!”

The Path I Walk In The Valley

The Path I Walk In The Valley
Are you walking the path God has planned for you? Do not fear or become impatient when you can't see the end of the path. Trust in God as He lights the way for the steps you take today. He knows the way and the destination. FaithfulToOne © 2006

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. " Martin Luther King Jr. **************************************************************** "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. " Dwight Lyman Moody **************************************************************** "As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. " Emmanuel Teney ****************************************************************
wotwGraf.jpg
Powered By Blogger