IN THE VALLEY

IN THE VALLEY
NEVER ALONE FaithfulToOne © 2007

Sunday, March 4, 2007

So This Is Love! - Part 1 God's Perfect Love

I just got done watching a very cute movie that I would recommend for your viewing. The movie is The Perfect Man. It stars Hilary Duff, Heather Locklear, and Chris Noth. The story is a heartwarming comedy. It is the story about mothers, daughters and the lengths people will go sometimes for love. The movie’s description says, “Holly Hamilton (Duff) is on a mission to find her single mom (Locklear) a perfect man, even if she has to make that man up! She creates an imaginary secret admirer based on a charming restaurateur (Noth). This scheme keeps Holly on her toes more than it actually sweeps her mother off her feet.”

Thinking about this movie took me in two trails of thought. My first trail of thought was about the movie’s theme “The lengths people go sometimes for love”. Love can be very blind and foolish sometimes. “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread”, from An Essay on Criticism, by Alexander Pope sums up a lot of the mistakes we make when we fall in love. Love is a powerful emotion that can be the best of times and the worst of times. The major problems happen because we are not perfect beings. We will always fall short at one time or another. True love is when you can love someone because of who they are and in spite of whom they are.

Our love is not perfect but God’s love is. His love is always there for us. What lengths did God go to for love? What lengths did God go to in order to share The love He has for us? I can answer both those questions with one word and one name. Jesus. His love is here to save us. His love is here to teach us. His love is here to comfort, protect, direct, correct, and to sustain us. His love is here for all these reasons and for so many more. His love is here to love us. His love should be a model for all love to follow. Please read the following Bible passages on love.


John 3:16
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 Corinthians 13: 1-13
1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Galatians 5:13-15
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

Galatians 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.


My second thought about the movie came because of the title of the movie “The Perfect Man”. What is the perfect man or for that fact the perfect woman? Well ladies and gentleman I will leave that one for tomorrow. I know, I hate those “To Be Continued” episodes too, but my post tomorrow will have a lot of food for thought. Take care and God bless. This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. I pray that you will take the time to be glad in it also.


Dear God, You give me this day to focus on just You. God, I thank You for the many blessings You give to me and the chances that You give me to glorify your name. Father you show me so much love every day. Guide me today so that I can remember how much you love me. Let me see myself through your eyes. Father let me reach out to others today with love, your love. Help me to show love to others in a way that honors you. This I pray in Jesus name. Amen


The Rose

Love is like a rose
With care
Both start as a bud fresh and new
With time
It blossoms to become a thing of beauty
With thorns
There's always the danger of getting hurt
Without special care
It withers and dies

FaithfulToOne © 1998

No comments:


Now There are two ways to walk in the valley

fitvbutton20.JPG mfitvbotton20.JPG

Reflections Of My Fears

Reflections Of My Fears
If we constantly look back on the past feeling the pain and thinking about the things we fear, we can never focus to live today, or look forward to tomorrow. FaithToOne © 2006

Do You Hear The Call?

Do You Hear The Call?
Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!”

The Path I Walk In The Valley

The Path I Walk In The Valley
Are you walking the path God has planned for you? Do not fear or become impatient when you can't see the end of the path. Trust in God as He lights the way for the steps you take today. He knows the way and the destination. FaithfulToOne © 2006

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. " Martin Luther King Jr. **************************************************************** "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. " Dwight Lyman Moody **************************************************************** "As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. " Emmanuel Teney ****************************************************************
wotwGraf.jpg
Powered By Blogger