IN THE VALLEY

IN THE VALLEY
NEVER ALONE FaithfulToOne © 2007

Thursday, March 8, 2007

God's Country

I was reading something my friend Brad wrote on his blog tonight about seeing deer in his back yard, and the impression of beauty it left on him. He wrote, “As I think of the lingering affect of the deer, I have to ask myself what about my footsteps that are left when I am gone. What lingering affect do I have? Boy did this give me a lot of food for thought.

I know what Brad means when it comes to deer and other things in nature. I feel so close to God when I am outside surrounded my nature. I once got into a joking argument with a kind man I had just met. I told him that I lived in God’s country, because of the wonderful clear lakes, the ocean near by, and the mountains a short drive away too. He laughed and said that he begged to differ with me. He asked if I had ever been to Colorado before. Now up to that point I had only seen pictures, but what I saw was beautiful. I always wanted to see Colorado.

Well, I finally got the chance and went out there for a visit. All it took was one look and I fell in love. Colorado stole my heart. The mountains had a beauty that words can’t express and that pictures do no justice. I was at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs early one morning and there were deer everywhere. We had to stop the pick up truck just so I could take some pictures of them. I got to go camping in the mountains with friends and had a wonderful time. On another visit I had an awesome day with my daughter, when we went horseback riding four hours in the mountains, I went on a cave tour, saw sites and loved seeing the sun set in the mountains every day. I always felt so completely at peace there. When I was there I never wanted to leave and come home. I know when I left there that I left part of me. I would love to get back out there, but right now with the path God has me on I don’t know if or when that will be. I do know that Colorado has given me wonderful memories that I will always love and cherish a lifetime.

I think God puts us into situations sometimes to use the people and circumstances so that He can teach us and strengthen us in faith. We can stand and look at the Grand Canyon with such wonder, look at a sunset and not just see the beauty but we feel it too. God created so many wonderful things including us. I have a feeling we would stand in such surprise, praise, and thanks if we could really see ourselves the way God see us, the way we really could be if we were 100% committed to our faith. Sometimes God has to bring special people into our lives, to help us see things though their eyes (through God’s eyes). He can use a special people, special places, a special time, or special circumstances to reach out to us through them.

God has done this so many times in my life. I have been at my lowest, when I have been struggling with something, when I felt lost, when I felt weak, and I felt so alone. God brings people into our lives or changes our surroundings to get our attention and redirected the way He wants us to go. I know not where my path will lead tomorrow. I know only that I will follow Him, trust Him, and try always to honor him.

It is like a good peace of furniture. We look at it and admire it. It is easy to see the value in it. Then something happens and it gets a big long scratch across the top of it. Has the table really changed so much? What percent of the table is really damaged compare to the rest of it? Yet all we notice is that scratch. It is only on the surface and not deep. We are so upset by the scratch but, has the table lost its function? I was so wrapped up in my scratches that I felt of little value. God made so many wonderful things in this world including us. We need to stop paying so much attention to the scratches in our lives and look at the rest. Don’t lose sight of what is all around you that He has blessed you with. Let God take care of the scratches. Trust Him to work you your life. He has given each of us special talents and blessings. Focus on using these to glorify Him. He will refinish you if you let Him, and you will be better than you were before.

The outdoor photographs on this blog were all taken the day of my Mother’s memorial after she passed away last summer. It was a beautiful day and God was definitely there with us. I looked at those pictures and the ones from Colorado and realized something. Yes there are beautiful things all around us. We need to cherish what we have while we have it because we never know what the next day will bring. If we listen to God and trust in Him he will bring us peace no matter where we are or what we are going through. He will reveal the blessings all around us if we trust Him enough to look through His eyes and honor his will for our life.

So now I can say yes, Colorado is God’s country, but so is where I am at right now, even if I have no one special in my life right now. I am in the valley right now, walking God’s path he has given me. Growing in my faith and walking with Him. As I am preparing for my next climb in faith, I know that whatever I need He will be there for me. This is God’s country too, because He is here with me. He sustains me, loves me, directs me, and gives me peace. As I walk the path God now has for me, my wish is to be like the beautiful deer. I wish to leave special lingering memories by the seeds of faith left on my path. May God be with you today and bring you peace.


God’s Country


Beautiful clear lakes
Majestic Bald Eagles
Soaring high in the sky
The sun’s golden warmth
Gently caressing my face

Majestic massive mountains
Framing His creations
With a beautiful array
A spectrum of colors
He painted for me to see

I know that God
Is with me…

This is
God's country

Walking along the beach
I listen to the crashing roar
Of the rolling ocean waves
A witness to just a sample
Of God's limitless powers

Warm sand caresses my toes
Like sand through an hour glass
The Creator’s hand evident
In every grain of sand
All part of the Master’s plan

I know that God
Is with me…

This is
God's country

Breathing boldly deeply
The sweet smell of fresh air
Feeling my heart beating
With the blessing of life
God’s gracious gift to me

I will awaken everyday
With praises to God
For all these blessings
And so much more
My cup of joy overflows

I know that God
Is with me…

This is
God's country

Praying to my Heavenly Father
For his strength and hope
He is there to comfort me
His wisdom is my guide
I will seek to glorify Him

Waiting for Heaven’s glory
To be in the presence
Of our Almighty God
Through Faith in Christ
Lord Jesus I trust in you

God is always
Here with me…

So this is
God's country

FaithfulToOne © 2005

No comments:


Now There are two ways to walk in the valley

fitvbutton20.JPG mfitvbotton20.JPG

Reflections Of My Fears

Reflections Of My Fears
If we constantly look back on the past feeling the pain and thinking about the things we fear, we can never focus to live today, or look forward to tomorrow. FaithToOne © 2006

Do You Hear The Call?

Do You Hear The Call?
Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!”

The Path I Walk In The Valley

The Path I Walk In The Valley
Are you walking the path God has planned for you? Do not fear or become impatient when you can't see the end of the path. Trust in God as He lights the way for the steps you take today. He knows the way and the destination. FaithfulToOne © 2006

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. " Martin Luther King Jr. **************************************************************** "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. " Dwight Lyman Moody **************************************************************** "As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. " Emmanuel Teney ****************************************************************
wotwGraf.jpg
Powered By Blogger