IN THE VALLEY

IN THE VALLEY
NEVER ALONE FaithfulToOne © 2007

Friday, March 2, 2007

God's Special Gifts To You - Your One True Song


I love teaching my high school art students. Now, I won't tell you that they never drive me crazy or never get on my last nerve once in awhile, but they hold a special place in my heart and the blessings that I get from teaching them are irreplaceable. My Art 2 students are currently working on watercolor and ink illustrations and I love watching the talents of my students begin to blossom as they work. I have one very talented gregarious boy that loves playing guitar. For his practice watercolor picture he did a picture of a guitarist in shades of blue reminiscent of Picasso's blue period. He had some dead space left on his paper and when I asked him what he was going to do with it, he gave me a big smile and told me that I had to write a poem for him that would go in that space with his illustration. God has blessed me with the opportunity to share with my students some of my writing and my faith. I was flattered that he would want me to write him a poem. I laughed and told him he could use any of my poems for lyrics when he writes his songs and if he gets rich and famous he'll have to share it with me. I told him I would retire and become one of his groupies. He laughed and said, "Sure thing." I have a boy in another class that always asks what this student is doing. When I showed him the other boy’s picture, I told him about the poem the student requested me to write. When I read it to the boy, he said it was so cool and he wanted to paint it on his bedroom wall. Lord, I praise you for giving me the gifts that allow me to reach and teach my students. I pray that the seeds I plant honor you and bring forth the fruits of faith in the future. The poem Mind Strings is the one I wrote for my student.

Do you know what God’s will for your life is? What are the special talents and gifts He has given you? Are you using the gifts He gave you to glorify and honor Him? We are all like fruit trees. God gives us all special gifts so that like the fruit trees, each one of us can develop these talents to blossom and one day be fruitful and honor Him. God wants us to honor Him by taking the fruits of our talents and gifts He has given us and to use them to feed those that are still hungry in their search for Him.

I feel so blessed for the wonderful friends and family that have always encouraged me with my art work and my writing. Even when I did not believe in myself God made sure that there were others around me that did believe in me. They encouraged and gave me courage to blossom when I thought I had nothing special to offer. They supported me with faith, prayer, friendship, love, and so very much more. God used them to let me see myself through His eyes. I was special and unique to Him because He made me that way. He had a special reason for making me different from others and that is all that matters.

So what does it matter if the tree can blossom and produce lots of wonderful fruit, if it is not harvested and left on the tree to drop and rot on the ground? Is your tree without fruit because you do nothing to grow in faith? Have you discovered God’s will for your life so that your tree is full of fruit? Have you prayed for guidance and direction so that you can harvest the fruit you have and use it to feed others? Don’t let the trials you are facing now keep you from your harvest. Let God use those trials to strengthen you and bless you. Yes I said bless you. I know at the time I was in the middle of my divorce I could not understand how God could use that time of pain and suffering to bless me, but He has in many ways. God can turn bad into good. Good that will bless us and honor Him if we trust in Him.

Don’t let your tree stand bare and lifeless. Don’t let your fruits go to waste. Ask God for direction and support and He will give it to you. Be like Johnny Appleseed instead, feeding many with the seeds he sowed. If we by faith do not seek to find the gifts He gives to each of us we waste the power He gives through them to reach others. Can you hear your one true song?



Mind Strings

Each person has that one true song
A unique tune no other can hear
It comes from deep within the soul
Mind strings playing loud and clear

Your heart becomes the rhythm
The metered beating of a drum
Creative thoughts form a symphony
Your life creating a special album

Some notes high with each new joy
The low notes show all your sorrow
Creating and changing the stanzas
Hope brings promise for tomorrow

Strum your chords and serenade
Playing your melody loud and clear
Give new meaning to your lyrics
Show others the song that you hear

FaithfulToOne © 2007



A Special Gift

The pen moves now on the page
His call in silence I have heard
I feel His will and His direction
It is my writing but His word

To each He gives a special gift
It took time for me to know
What His will was and His calling
The seeds He wanted me to sow

He often speaks loudest when it’s quiet
When I use to feel the most alone
He wanted my undivided attention
For blessed insights that were shown

Once weak in faith and courage
The shadows scared me in the dark
He used my trials to make me strong
Then with His vision came the spark

Now He lights the path where I walk
The Lord I trust to take the lead
And the words in faith that I write
Inspired by Him for you to read

FaithfulToOne © 2007


1 Thessalonians 1:3
We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:


Now There are two ways to walk in the valley

fitvbutton20.JPG mfitvbotton20.JPG

Reflections Of My Fears

Reflections Of My Fears
If we constantly look back on the past feeling the pain and thinking about the things we fear, we can never focus to live today, or look forward to tomorrow. FaithToOne © 2006

Do You Hear The Call?

Do You Hear The Call?
Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!”

The Path I Walk In The Valley

The Path I Walk In The Valley
Are you walking the path God has planned for you? Do not fear or become impatient when you can't see the end of the path. Trust in God as He lights the way for the steps you take today. He knows the way and the destination. FaithfulToOne © 2006

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. " Martin Luther King Jr. **************************************************************** "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. " Dwight Lyman Moody **************************************************************** "As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. " Emmanuel Teney ****************************************************************
wotwGraf.jpg
Powered By Blogger