IN THE VALLEY

IN THE VALLEY
NEVER ALONE FaithfulToOne © 2007

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Decisions? Decisions? What Are You Waiting For?


There are times in your life as a Christian that you must make difficult decisions to honor God’s will for your life. They may not be popular ones. Popular world views today often disagree with what the Bible tells us is right. They may be something you don’t want to do. It is hard to break old habits. It is hard to separate for old friends that are bringing you down and making you backslide in your faith. It is hard to stand out from the group because you have made a faithful decision.

Satan often tempts us and then makes us comfortable in our sin, so it is hard to change. Even when we know it is wrong, sometimes the pull is too strong if we try to do it all by ourselves. Just look at all the smokers that honestly want to quit smoking. They know the health risks, but time and time again start back up. Just look at this website to see a list of things people can get addicted to
http://www.addictionz.com/addictions.htm

God is there for us. He can be our shield and sword when we include Him in our struggles. 1 Corinthians 10: 12-13 says, “So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.” It does not say you will be able to do it on your own. It says that you can succeed if you trust in God for help.

Some decisions may be ones that totally go against what we had planned for our lives. Sometime we meet someone and think this is it, but God has other plans. Sometimes it is a call to change jobs when we love where we are and don’t want to change. Our plans are not always God’s plans. We have to remember that God sees our whole path and the final destination. We see only what He lets us see. As they say, Hind site is 20/20. How many times have you worried over something or not understood what was going on in your life, only to look back days, weeks, months, or years later to see how God had His hand on the whole situation at all times.

Sometimes God uses these times to test us and to help us grow in our faith. He closes one door for us and then waits on us to get to a certain stage in our lives so He can open the next door. When we merely tread water instead of swimming to the goal God has for us He waits. Sometimes we get scared and pick something closer to us to swim to because we are afraid we can’t make it. This detour can cause all sorts of trouble until we correct our error. Sometimes we even have to get over the fear of getting into the water in the first place, because we can’t see the bottom. It is only when we trust God enough to dive in and swim for the goal that he has planned of us that he opens up that next door and reveals His plans and His blessing for us.

I remember an occasion that this happened to me. It seemed like what God wanted me to do, made absolutely no sense at all. I thought if I do this people will think I am crazy. So I prayed and prayed for what I wanted to happen. Each time I did and each time I talked to people about it, I got a feeling in the pit of my stomach. God was telling me I already had His decision and I needed to trust Him and obey. Finally one night I fell to my knees and gave it all over to God. The next morning I woke up with such a peace inside of me. I knew it did not matter how crazy it seemed it was God’s will and it would be OK.

When I got up that morning I immediately proceeded to do what God wanted me to do. Each time I told someone about my plans and each time I did something to fulfill God’s plan I felt such a peace and joy inside me. Over the next few days all the things that I had fretted about and worried about were all taken care of by God, in a way I can only describe as miracles. He opened the next door.


I remember praying one night praising God and giving thanks. As I was praying I remember thinking, “God I still can’t believe all this. My Heavenly Father how wonderful you are, but what took you so long?” Well the answer came back loud and clear as if God were sitting right next to me. He said, “OH NO! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?”

Psalms 37:1-6 says, “Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away. Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”


Is God waiting on you to make a difficult decision in your life? Is he waiting on you to trust Him enough to just dive in and start swimming? Are you worrying and getting worn out treading water when you should be swimming? As I have said before, “It is not always easy to be a Christian.” The journey from where you are to where God wants you to be can look impossible sometimes. We need to trust God and remember that nothing is impossible with Him. I now have a new saying I tell people when things are rough. “You know the saying, God will never give you more than you can handle?” Well I now add after that, “I just wish He wouldn’t have such confidence in my abilities.” God is great and wonderful. He just believes in tough love.


All In A Year

I sit here alone now to reminisce
To ponder on the past of 2006
Days now gone never to be retrieved
For some I smiled and some I grieved

The sands of time still to trickle on
A new year arrives before the dawn
The past now set under lock and key
With a future ahead I can not see

Nothing I can do can stop the clock
I have no key that can open the lock
My life is now set to His plan and time
It belongs to Him and no longer mine

I’ve had my blessings and my trials
Love found and lost across the miles
My dear mother also passed in peace
Special memories of her never cease

Paths that were traveled abruptly changed
Sadly I accepted love lost and estranged
New direction sought in tearful prayer
Emotions stripped and lied bare

Then God showed me His healing touch
Giving me the peace I longed so much
In 2007 faith shall be my guide
I know my Lord will be at my side

New hopes and dreams now for 2007
Said in prayer and sent to heaven
Waking in the morning to a new year
With God I know no cause for fear

FaithfulToOne © 2006



Patience

Straining to look through the dense foggy mist
For elusive answers I can not see
Decisions made based on only blind faith
Surely God knows His divine plan for me

Temptations seek to make my faith falter
It reaches out clawing deep to take hold
The answers now will never be given
Until it’s His plan for me to be told

My own quick answers have their costly price
When it is not what the Master has planned
The constant fretter’s cost is often high
When he thinks now without God I can stand

Lord I pray for strength and seek divine light
For peace and patience that comforts my soul
I pray waiting on God’s wisdom and grace
It’s only blind faith that gives Him control

FaithfulToOne © 1998


Psalm 37: 7-9
7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. 8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret- it leads only to evil. 9 For evil men will be cut off but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.



Silent Standing At My Door

Your words abrasive to my heart
Once so full of love and tender
My faith still leads me down a path
That forbids my weak surrender

The sweet verses softly playing
Now sound different from the first
But the message I keep hearing
Still the same one we once rehearsed

With love God beckons wait on Me
Show obedience don’t despair
The picture will be clear with time
Keep your faith strong with hope and prayer

I’ve released my fears and sorrows
Relinquished tears drop in His hands
God’s grace will choose the place and time
To see what’s written in the sands

Your course I’ll shadow with no blame
Though I feel you’re misdirected
A hard journey to forgiveness
Facing trials least expected

Now silent standing at my door
With feelings boding there’s no end
With God all things are possible
I must endure till He amends

FaithfulToOne© 2006


Psalm 37: 5-8
5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: 6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. 7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. 8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.Psalm 40:1I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.

No comments:


Now There are two ways to walk in the valley

fitvbutton20.JPG mfitvbotton20.JPG

Reflections Of My Fears

Reflections Of My Fears
If we constantly look back on the past feeling the pain and thinking about the things we fear, we can never focus to live today, or look forward to tomorrow. FaithToOne © 2006

Do You Hear The Call?

Do You Hear The Call?
Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!”

The Path I Walk In The Valley

The Path I Walk In The Valley
Are you walking the path God has planned for you? Do not fear or become impatient when you can't see the end of the path. Trust in God as He lights the way for the steps you take today. He knows the way and the destination. FaithfulToOne © 2006

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. " Martin Luther King Jr. **************************************************************** "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. " Dwight Lyman Moody **************************************************************** "As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. " Emmanuel Teney ****************************************************************
wotwGraf.jpg
Powered By Blogger