IN THE VALLEY

IN THE VALLEY
NEVER ALONE FaithfulToOne © 2007

Monday, February 19, 2007

Do You Hear The Knocking? Open The Door!


Being an artist I admit I can be a bit out there sometimes. Just ask my students. Henry David Thoreau said, "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." Well a friend of mine once told someone, There are those that hear and move to the beat of a different drummer. Glo goes to the beat of a totally different band, but it is a good thing when you get to know her. " Yes, God made me creative and unique. In many ways I felt different from others growing up. I was a happy outgoing child but often I felt I did not fit in. I had friends but I was alone too. There was always this nagging hole of emptiness that would eat at me when I was alone. It felt like I was searching for someone that was lost and I could not find him/her. I could hear my mind calling out to him/her, I could hear an unintelligible response far away, but I could not figure out the direction to go to get to him/her. I often wondered why I had to be so different from others around me? Why can't I just be normal then more people would like me? There is no one that will ever really understand me. This continued on and on as I was younger and sometimes I picked the wrong path and the wrong people to be around searching for who was lost in that empty hole never realizing it was me that was lost in the empty hole and it was my Lord calling out to me. It was not until I realized this and called out to Jesus that I heard the knocking. The knocking was always there. He never once gave up on me. He knew me. He knew how different I was because God created me special and good that way for a reason. So what did it matter how different I was? It wouldn't matter once I had faith and a purpose for my life. I heard the knock this time loud and clear. I ran to the door and flung it open wide. My Lord and Savior please come in were the word said with tears of joy in my eyes. The emptiness was filled till it overflowed with the love of God. As my faith has grown I have become comfortable with who I am and now understand the blessings He has given me that make me different. I feel blessed now because I understand why He gave me these blessings. He is the one that always truly understands me and accepts me, because He created me that way.

Do you feel an emptiness inside you can't fill? Have you tried to fill it with all the wrong things of this world in your life? Are you searching for someone lost only to find out it is you? STOP! BE STILL! OPEN YOUR MIND AND YOUR HEART! DO YOU HEAR THE KNOCKING! OPEN THE DOOR AND LET HIM COME IN!




I Knock

I know your sorrow
I know your sin
Open the door
Let me come in…

I know you’re lonely
I know your strife
Be born again
Give me your life…

I know your heartache
I know your lost soul
Come humble to me
And give me control…

I offer you grace
I forgive your sin
Open the door
Let me come in…


FaithfulToOne © 1998


Revelation 3:20
20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.




Choices

Our lives are full of choices

Each new one directs our path

Rewarded with God’s blessing

Or consequence’s wrath


Choices echoing their message

Something should be learned

Take heed to stop and listen

The ignorant get burned


Stubborn pride brings only folly

Fools let temptation be a guide

Trust faith to be your compass

The Lord’s always at your side


FaithfulToOne © 2005





No comments:


Now There are two ways to walk in the valley

fitvbutton20.JPG mfitvbotton20.JPG

Reflections Of My Fears

Reflections Of My Fears
If we constantly look back on the past feeling the pain and thinking about the things we fear, we can never focus to live today, or look forward to tomorrow. FaithToOne © 2006

Do You Hear The Call?

Do You Hear The Call?
Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!”

The Path I Walk In The Valley

The Path I Walk In The Valley
Are you walking the path God has planned for you? Do not fear or become impatient when you can't see the end of the path. Trust in God as He lights the way for the steps you take today. He knows the way and the destination. FaithfulToOne © 2006

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. " Martin Luther King Jr. **************************************************************** "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. " Dwight Lyman Moody **************************************************************** "As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. " Emmanuel Teney ****************************************************************
wotwGraf.jpg
Powered By Blogger