IN THE VALLEY

IN THE VALLEY
NEVER ALONE FaithfulToOne © 2007

Monday, February 26, 2007

Where Is Your Focus and Your Vision Today?

Today as you start your day, where is your focus, your vision. The alarm goes off and the day starts always too soon for me. I hate the sound of the alarm clock. I know that in heaven there will be no annoying alarm clocks. Oh back to my morning. I get up, put the dogs out, run to the restroom, post my blog, get a shower, let the dogs in, check the weather, get dressed, grab a little breakfast, pour a cup of coffee, check my email, fix my hair, etc. As you can see my day can get going pretty quickly. Unless I set a time aside each morning for my devotion with God it is easy for me to lose my focus and my vision with God. That is why I now set my alarm just a little earlier (Hey, I am a night owl type of person but it is worth it!) so that I have time for my morning devotion. It makes a lot of difference in how I start and approach my day. I also listen to His Radio (I have a link to it on this blog) on my way to work. Listening to uplifting Christian music that praises God really puts things in perspective for me (It is great at defusing road rage too if you get stuck in traffic.) When I get to school I go to my classroom and sign in. Before I do anything else I take a moment to say a prayer for the day. All these things that I have now put in my schedule take just a little bit of time but it is worth it because it keeps my focus on God. How many people stop to say grace before they eat lunch anymore? I don’t care if I am at a fast food restaurant, in a school cafeteria, or at home I take that time to give thanks to God for my food and the many other blessings He gives me every day. These little things make a big difference. The Bible tells us we are to put God first in our lives. How do we do that? We do it all day long. It is a way that we live every day not just going to church on Sundays or saying night time prayers. How can you expect to know what God wants or where He is leading if you are only in contact with Him once in a while? When you make time in your schedule you will see a big difference like I did. There is an old hymn Be Thou My Vision and Psalm 91 that inspired me to write the poem I have posted today. Will you make time to let the Lord be your vision too?


Lord Be My Vision

Oh Lord be my vision
Please help me to see
All of the changes
That you’ve made in me
You cast out my demons
To ease all my pains
I’m free from sin’s prison
You’ve broken the chains

Oh Lord be my vision
Now faith guides my eyes
To focus on Heaven
You’ve heard all my cries
Covered with feathers
I’m under your wing
With you I find refuge
Your praises I sing

Oh Lord be my vision
Protector and shield
I fear no more shadows
Now evil must yield
My fortress protects me
The victory is won
My sins all forgiven
Through God’s only son

Oh Lord be my vision
Angels watch over me
Guarding every footstep
The new path I now see
With peace and contentment
True devotion and praise
I pray for that special day
When my soul you will raise

FaithfulToOne © 2006



Be Thou My Vision

Old Irish Hymn dating back to the 8th Century
Go to this website for my information

http://community.gospelcom.net/Brix?pageID=7674


Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul's Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

No comments:


Now There are two ways to walk in the valley

fitvbutton20.JPG mfitvbotton20.JPG

Reflections Of My Fears

Reflections Of My Fears
If we constantly look back on the past feeling the pain and thinking about the things we fear, we can never focus to live today, or look forward to tomorrow. FaithToOne © 2006

Do You Hear The Call?

Do You Hear The Call?
Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!”

The Path I Walk In The Valley

The Path I Walk In The Valley
Are you walking the path God has planned for you? Do not fear or become impatient when you can't see the end of the path. Trust in God as He lights the way for the steps you take today. He knows the way and the destination. FaithfulToOne © 2006

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. " Martin Luther King Jr. **************************************************************** "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. " Dwight Lyman Moody **************************************************************** "As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. " Emmanuel Teney ****************************************************************
wotwGraf.jpg
Powered By Blogger