IN THE VALLEY

IN THE VALLEY
NEVER ALONE FaithfulToOne © 2007

Monday, February 19, 2007

Through The Eyes Of A Child


I think one of the things I enjoyed the most when I use to teach young elementary children was their sense of wonder and the simplicity of their lives. There is something to say about enjoying adult company but there is also something special when you see things through the eyes of a child. Things are so much simpler in a child's eyes. There are times when stresses and trials we face as adults overwhelm us and we find ourselves wishing we could escape to earlier days when we did not have the world ganging up on us.

We need to just stop for a moment and remember that we are children and we will always be children in God's eyes. We are His children and it is that easy to let go of the things that are overwhelming us. We just need to have faith and trust in our Lord. Jesus calls us to Him so he can show us His love, hope, peace, guidance, courage, and so much more. All we have to do is reach out to Him.

When I was going through some old poems that I wrote before I was saved I came across a poem titled Child's Play. I added the addition to the title of the first poem when I wrote Child's Play Part 2- The Invitation in response to the original poem. If we would just stop and look at things through a child's eyes we can often see more clearly. When we see things through a child's eyes we see things in a pure form before the thinking of the world stains and taints it. Don't let the things of the world come between you and your Heavenly Father's call. He is calling. Will you answer?

Child’s Play
Part 1- The Plea

It use to be so easy to live
Doing as all little children did
Having fun and playing games
Never a care or worry came

Since I’ve grown older life’s changed somehow
The games I play aren’t so simple now
Confusion and pain are all I find
I wish I had a peace of mind

Pushed and pulled
Night and day
I need to live
To find a way

It use to be so simple then
I wish I were a child again…

FaithfulToOne © 2000

Matthew 19:14
14Jesus said, “Let all the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”


Child’s Play
Part 2- The Invitation


Let all the little children come to me
I am the way, the truth, and life you see
I heal the sick and give strength to the weak
Come to me if it is peace you seek

Long ago I accepted your pain
Forgiveness offered with my bloodstain
For what was gained from the loss
Is forever written on the cross

Love and salvation
Hope, mercy, and peace
Come to me now
Let torment cease

I am the way, the truth, and life you see
Be born again and come to me.

FaithfulToOne © 2000

John 14:66
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

No comments:


Now There are two ways to walk in the valley

fitvbutton20.JPG mfitvbotton20.JPG

Reflections Of My Fears

Reflections Of My Fears
If we constantly look back on the past feeling the pain and thinking about the things we fear, we can never focus to live today, or look forward to tomorrow. FaithToOne © 2006

Do You Hear The Call?

Do You Hear The Call?
Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!”

The Path I Walk In The Valley

The Path I Walk In The Valley
Are you walking the path God has planned for you? Do not fear or become impatient when you can't see the end of the path. Trust in God as He lights the way for the steps you take today. He knows the way and the destination. FaithfulToOne © 2006

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. " Martin Luther King Jr. **************************************************************** "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. " Dwight Lyman Moody **************************************************************** "As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. " Emmanuel Teney ****************************************************************
wotwGraf.jpg
Powered By Blogger