IN THE VALLEY

IN THE VALLEY
NEVER ALONE FaithfulToOne © 2007

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Is Satan Pulling You Down Today?


My father once told me when I was younger, "Nothing worthwhile is every easy or free." I thought about that the other day and how it pertained to my faith. If anyone tells you it is easy to be a Christian they are wrong. For me taking the leap of faith when I finally heard God calling was easy but since then it has been anything but easy. For me it is easy to have faith but not always easy to live in faith. The things of this world are constantly trying to dilute or dissolve your faith. Satan is very subtle in His ways too. He knows how to eat away at our faith. He will find our weaknesses and use them to take our focus and time away from putting God first in our lives.

Absence does not make the heart grow fonder when it comes to God. It distracts us, cuts off communication, and misdirects us from following the plan that is God's will for our lives. One of Satan's favorite ways is when he puts thorns in our relationships with others. Lust, distrust, betrayal, anger, fear, grief, and emotional pain all suck the life out of our faithful walk if we are not careful.

To me though there is nothing that is more distracting than a broken heart. Nothing is more distracting then when you are so wrapped up in your own grief from a relationship that has ended. The pain and bitterness can be overwhelming if we do not turn it over to God so that He can heal us. When we don't turn it over to Him that is saying to God, "I don't trust you God. I don't think you can do anything about it anyway." God can turn all bad things to good if we only trust in Him. He can bring you a peace and a comfort to allow you to deal with things and to heal you too.

Each day should be started in prayer turning it all over to Him. Each evening should be ended in prayer, before we go to bed turning it all over to Him. You would start your day in a much better mood and get better night's sleep too. I personally can't imagine how I would have survived divorce without my faith in God. The pain at times was so overwhelming but it was my faith that gave me the courage to stand up again. It was faith that healed me.

I said that my father once told me, "Nothing worthwhile is ever easy or free." No it is not easy to be a Christian. There are times that I feel Satan doing his best to pull me down. We can praise God for His love and care because He is there for us if we have faith and trust in Him. It is not free either, but the price was already paid long ago when Jesus Christ died on the cross for us. If you feel Satan pulling on you today, trust God and turn it over to Him.

Resolution

Haunted…
Recollections like ghosts from the past
Returned with a malice melancholy mask
Sleepless lonely nights that woke to somber days

Escaping…
With shallow diversions eluding the unwanted truth
Bringing temporary comfort to the crippling pain
But no lasting relief to depression’s void

Reaching…
Desperately seeking my armor of strength
I tentatively tried to slowly stand again
Finding faith’s promise and prayer my protection

Shaking…
I seek to take my first transcending steps
Patiently to live today without always knowing why
With new found hope I search for love and peace

Healing…

I’ve found learning to understand backwards
I must now face the obstacles to dream forwards
My eyes are open again to the promising new light

Knowing…
I’ll never completely dispel my haunting ghosts
I’m learning now to see transparently through them
Resolution brings to my life new goals and hopes


Living…


FaithfulToOne © 2001


Ephesians 6:13-17
13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.




Praise God for His glorious gift to us. Our Savior's light began to shine for us the day He was born, It shines on us as soon as we accept Him by faith in our hearts, and it will never stop shining. As our faith focuses on Him it just keeps burning brighter.


My Savior’s Light

There is no colder deeper hole
Nor empty darker place
Than to live without my Savior’s light
Shining brightly on my face

My Savior’s light now guides me
Each day begins in Heaven’s care
Footsteps taken to honor Him
In His will I watch and beware

For worldly things drag us down
With shadows that block His light
But my Savior’s love never leaves
His life line shining burning bright

I now search God’s words of wisdom
His plan I continue to seek in prayer
Till the day when Heaven calls me
To finally go to join Him there

FaithfulToOne © 2006

No comments:


Now There are two ways to walk in the valley

fitvbutton20.JPG mfitvbotton20.JPG

Reflections Of My Fears

Reflections Of My Fears
If we constantly look back on the past feeling the pain and thinking about the things we fear, we can never focus to live today, or look forward to tomorrow. FaithToOne © 2006

Do You Hear The Call?

Do You Hear The Call?
Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!”

The Path I Walk In The Valley

The Path I Walk In The Valley
Are you walking the path God has planned for you? Do not fear or become impatient when you can't see the end of the path. Trust in God as He lights the way for the steps you take today. He knows the way and the destination. FaithfulToOne © 2006

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. " Martin Luther King Jr. **************************************************************** "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. " Dwight Lyman Moody **************************************************************** "As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. " Emmanuel Teney ****************************************************************
wotwGraf.jpg
Powered By Blogger