IN THE VALLEY

IN THE VALLEY
NEVER ALONE FaithfulToOne © 2007

Saturday, April 7, 2007

May Your Will Be Done


I can remember when the movie The Passion first came out. One of the things that critics complained about was how violent the movie was. The movie does have graphic violence in it, but I must say it has less violence in it than a lot of slasher movies that did not come under attack by the critics for the violence that these movies had. The thing that Christians really need to remember and meditate on, is that the movie The Passion showed very little of the violent torture and suffering that our Savior went through so that we might be saved.

It is very hard for me sometimes to deal with some of the trials that I face in life when I can't see an end to them. It is hard when we must live our lives during trials with blind faith to know that God is there for us and that He is in control. I know that I can never fully imagine the weight that Jesus felt on His shoulders the night that He prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane. I do know that even though Jesus was under severe stress with the burden He was carrying and that He was struggling with it as He prayed, Jesus turned His burden over to His Father's will.
It says in Matthew 26:39, "Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.'" Jesus knew what was to happen and the pure Hell He was facing. Yet Jesus humbled himself to God, and although He wished that He did not have to go through it, Jesus accepted His fate knowing it was God's will. Matthew tells us that later Jesus again turned it all over to God. Matthew 26:42 says, "He went away a second time and prayed, 'My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.'"

There are times that I am fully convinced that the reason God does not reveal everything to us all at once is that God knows we are not strong enough in our faith to deal with it all at once. God knows that we must first learn to trust Him so that we are able to turn it all over to Him. I will admit that for me, that is not always the easiest thing to do. I will also tell you that it is easier today than it was yesterday, a week ago, or a year ago. It is easier because God continues to work in my life and with my faith. I am a stronger person than I was a year ago. My faith is stronger than it was a year ago. Through our trials God loves us, guides us, makes us stronger, builds our faith up, and brings us closer to Him. The more we die to ourselves the more alive we become in faith for Him. Jesus is our model as He gave His life for us so unselfishly so that we might be saved.

When we face trials and carry heavy burdens on our shoulders all we need to do is pray and turn it all over to God. He is waiting for us to come to Him. He loves us and intercedes for us even when we are not aware of what is going on behind the scenes of our trials. As we walk through our valley in the darkness He will be our light and lead us if we turn to Him. When we feel overwhelmed by trials that we face we need to remember the prayers Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane. We can pray for our burdens to be lifted but we must also turn it over to God. Let HIS will be done. May God's light always shine on you and may you feel His love with the blessing of this Easter Holiday.

FaithfulToOne©2007


The Journey

How many chances will it take
How many mistakes must I make

For my journey to be done...

The lonesome nights I have faced
The restless times my brain has paced

Where peace has found no home...

The things that faith now must change
The ways my life must rearrange

As I prepare to face the climb...

How many steps will it take
What sacrifices must I make

Resisting Satan's subtle calls...

My courage I will seek in prayer
I know my Savior's always there

To lead and be my guide...

Oh yes my journey has a cost
To find what with sin once was lost

His cross and nails paid my price...

True faith brings joy when suffering
I now sing praises to my king

In the darkness He is my light...

From the valley to the mountain peak
Lord it's always you that I will seek

You'll be there when my journey's done...

Looking down to see how far I've come
Through the journey what was won

His love and blessings my reward...

Until again God's call I will hear
With a new journey drawing near

A new mountain I will climb...

FaithfulToOne©2007


Remember to look for the link below to More Footsteps In The Valley for the prayer that goes with this post.

No comments:


Now There are two ways to walk in the valley

fitvbutton20.JPG mfitvbotton20.JPG

Reflections Of My Fears

Reflections Of My Fears
If we constantly look back on the past feeling the pain and thinking about the things we fear, we can never focus to live today, or look forward to tomorrow. FaithToOne © 2006

Do You Hear The Call?

Do You Hear The Call?
Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!”

The Path I Walk In The Valley

The Path I Walk In The Valley
Are you walking the path God has planned for you? Do not fear or become impatient when you can't see the end of the path. Trust in God as He lights the way for the steps you take today. He knows the way and the destination. FaithfulToOne © 2006

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. " Martin Luther King Jr. **************************************************************** "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. " Dwight Lyman Moody **************************************************************** "As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. " Emmanuel Teney ****************************************************************
wotwGraf.jpg
Powered By Blogger